ＦＡＱ - All about motorcycle trips and motorbike tours
Why travel? You can also see the world on television
In my opinion money is best invested in traveling . The experiences and memories last for a lifetime and no economic crises or inflation can take it away. The world out there is also HD and delivers a better 3D image than any flat screen TV can do. However, distances out there can not be measured in the size of football fields ...
How to get so much time? I only have 30 days of holiday
We all have the same amount of time. You just have to make priorities and decide, what you want to do in your life and later on tell his grandchildren: "Grandfather has been working in an office sorted files for 50 years" or "Grandfather has made a motorcycle trip around the world." Those who life frugally, have to waste less time to earn money. However, most people use their limited life time to work for status symbols and to work products that have been intentionally designed so that they break after a short time.
Why ride a motorcycle? SUVs are more comfortable
Right. To travel in the car is much more comfortable, especially in the rain or during winter. In addition, you can talk in a car with your partner while driving. However, a motorcycle consumes significantly less fuel and is cheaper on ferries and toll roads than large vehicles. Motorcycles are also more maneuverable and easier to repair. SUVs and trucks, however, offer a dry, lockable place to sleep and are also suitable for families.
Is expensive equipment better? I want to be cool
Cool is not someone who (maybe even on installments) buys or adorns herself with fancy brands, but who is did something cool. When traveling away from our decadent consumer society, the function of things is more important than their appearance.
A tent easy to pitch is better for daily use than a complicated one, with a futuristic design and great name. The same with for motorcycles. It is easier to get parts for widely used, older machines as for new or exotics ones with on-board computer. In addition especially in poorer countries one gets treated as money on legs, if with modern clothes one looks like coming directly from Mars.
Why travel alone? Is it dangerous?
The risc of being robbed is much higher in the modern world then in a third world country. Everywhere the police is hiding with speed cameras trying to get money out of you.
Unfortunately most Germans are too afraid to do something, so according to a study they invest their money in buying insurances and prefer to consume rather then to travel the world. Yes, life is dangerous and always has a deadly end. Anyway when traveling one is never alone. One always meets great people along the way :)
How to deal with sleazy officials?You cant carry enough cigarettes for all the thieves in Uniform out there haha but what i learned and told my self was:
- Don't ride the biggest BMW and don't look fancy. I always told them my friends are waiting in the next city and i just have enough petrol money to reach it.
- Enjoy the time in the climate controlled police station. Take out your book and make your self comfortable at the chief officers seat. Pretend you have time and like it there then they trough you out.
- Ask them if you can sleep in the police station because you cant afford a hotel.
- Don't understand what they say.
- Take them by their nationality and say you write a blog and people in the neighbor country have been soooo friendly and ask if all people in his country are thieves.
- Just wave back or pretend not to see them and drive on if they wave to stop you. Most of them don't carry guns and only 1 out of 1000 times they came after me with their car and then escorted me to the next petrol station ;-)
- If you have to stop, stop in the middle of the road not on the side so people behind you start honking. Wait for a chance he looks away to talk to them or to stop cars coming the other way then drive on.
- As soon as you stop ask were the next petrol station is. If he points forward say thanks and off you go.
- I just gave out fake / copied documents as mentioned before so if he keeps them to get money i just drove away.
I never harm somebody but sometimes its also nice just to negotiate and pay. It can speed up procedures at boarders (otherwise you wait for hours in the hot sunshine and might still be paying) and you can even do things, which are officially not possible ( enter Peru with a bike that's not on your name / Importing bike on expired Carnet / Expired international Drivers License). Its even cheaper to bribe if they find out then to renew documents every year. Get what ever you want for just 10 Dollars...that's real freedom :-)
Is England the center of the world? Are there more beautiful countries out there?England is one of the richest countries on this beautiful planet. However its not the money that makes life beautiful, but the quality of life and the way people dealing with each other. Right here many people in England have large deficits. Thy live in single househalds insted together with friendy and family. England is so small and insignificant, that over half the world's population don't even know where it is. There are soooo many nicer countrys.
All actions are fictitious. Similarity to existing real person or company is purely coincidental ...